Last December I posted a "year in review" of sorts, but I'm not going to do that again to bring in 2012. Wanna know what I did in 2011? I changed my life. The rest is history, archived on this page.
Instead, here are some lessons I've learned in the past 365 days. They all arose from things that have happened, people I've met, and realizations I've come to. Perhaps I'll expand on them in the future. For now, take them as they are, use them, and then make your own.
- Take chances. It's so, so worth it.
- Don't be scared to make new friends, cherish the ones you have, and never forget the old ones.
- Being rich would make life way, way too easy.
- I will always look best in black.
- Don't try to be in the rat race; make your own olympic game.
- Being put together on a daily basis opens a lot of doors; not to mention makes you feel amazing.
- Parties will always be there. Don't sweat missing one. Or a dozen.
- Being air-brushed and perfect isn't always worth it; being unique is.
- If you think you don't have time, make it; you may loose something otherwise, or someone.
- Having a dick doesn't make me a man; having the balls to wear six-inch heels everyday does.
Happy New Year - let's learn even more in 2012.